Tuesday, August 25, 2009

a rainy sunday

Sunday was a pretty stormy day and cute Jack-Jack was sick. Poor little guy has scarlet fever! Luckily, he is doing loads better even though he has a hard time with taking his medicine. Anyways, while the fam was at church and since I had already gone to my college ward, Jack and I played out on the porch watching the rain pour down 
and talking about life, the ever changing stock market, and what Obama will 
really do about the war. We got deep, as you would suspect from a 3½ year old. What we really did was count the cars that passed to make waiting for mommy’s car to come home go by faster.









Jack couldn't quite figure out how to show that three black cars passed by with his fingers.
So we had a mini lesson on numbers and fingers.
The result:

They finally arrived back home!
Fiona wanted to join in on the fun of course!
What a cutie pie!

This has now become a favorite game with Jack. And the best part: he only wants to count the cars that pass with me! Awww...... Jack, you are just the best nephew in the whole world. Love you to the moon and back!

Family prayer went down like this with Jack tonight: "Heavenly Father, please bless the blessings, bless the food, and bless mommy. Jack is thirsty and my name is Jack so I am going to get drink now. Amen."



2 comments:

Ben and Stacey said...

how adorable. hey guess what?! I'm going to be an aunt... LIKE YOU!!!! i'm so excited. you have the cutest niece and nephew ever though. really. how fun. glad to hear it was rainy somewhere other than logan too...

Rowbury Adventures said...

haha that is the cutest prayer I think I have ever heard in my life! Those 2 kids are little cuties..